Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Long time, etc...

Dear One,

I know what you're thinking; even at this distance I can see
The accusatory, frustrated, angry look in your eyes.
I've been away.
Yes, for all this time, I've been away.
I can't say where; it isn't a secret. Or it is a secret I am keeping from myself.

Yesterday morning I woke to the enthused sound of birds - the spring is here announcement.
Winter passed by. Someone was busy snapping photographs all those dark months;
I am glad.
My memories are clouded by darkness and bitter winds.
I was hiding.
Yes, I know I've left you before like this and
Yes, again it truly was necessary.
But I've come around close enough to feel the aching loneliness.
I am full of sadness and remorse.

Around and around we move, following these steps we know so well;
A dance echoing through the years.
We move because we must: to stop is to die.
Yet, each fluttering carries the tinge of betrayal, the hint of hopelessness.
I make all the same promises I have made before, choosing to ignore the hollow ring in my voice.

Spring is here, the birds sing, and I choose to believe in the hope filled cry.
Hold my hand gently while we learn to live again,
Let us go for walks in the magic twilight hour and forgive.

No comments: