Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Half Away

I opened the door, and there it was, the moon full overhead carefully framed by all the buildings and street lights.
I stood there, staring straight up into the sky, feeling the cold creep over my skin and the light cover my face
And I wanted to weep.
Like a temperamental flower I seek the warmth and sun and long gentle days of early summer.
The crazy blackness in my head makes the night seem so frightening that I can't bear witness to it anymore.
But then, at that moment, the full moon was so breathtaking and the cold so bracing and all the blackness gave way.
I didn't realize how empty the days are without the night sky. I've forgotten the moon lit musings.
I can't find the poetry in the daylight - I think I need too much.
I can't find the moon often enough in these circumstances
And so I suppose I must change.

No comments: